PERU

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Hermana Hyer's testimony

A few days ago, I was going thru some of Mardi's things to put away for her while she serves her mission. I found this written in a notebook given to her by her Young Women's leaders. Since she left for Lima, Peru this morning, I thought it was appropriate that I share this. This is her testimony of the gospel in her own words. I am not sure of the date, but this is the reason why she is where she is, serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints for the next 18 months of her life.
"My testimony:
I know this church is true. I know that Jesus is the Christ and He died for us that we may live. I know that if we live worthy, we will be able to be with our families forever. I know that families are forever and that we are all brothers and sisters. I know the pioneers worked hard to come to this valley and I am so grateful for their choice to join the church. I know the scriptures are true, and that they are here to help us along with every single person we come into contact with. I know that everything we go through is for our benefit to help us become more like Heavenly Father and our Savior to be able to live with Them again. Our trials help us to become better people. I am so thankful for the examples of amazing people I know and for the wonderful ancestors and amazing family I have. I know the Book of Mormon is true and that they compliment the New Testament and Old Testament in Their testimony of my Savior and your Savior, Jesus Christ. I bear you this testimony in His sacred Name, Jesus Christ, Amen."
Hermana Marcilene M Hyer

As I mentioned earlier, she flew out to Peru this morning at 8 am MST and landed in Lima at 11:00 pm EST. She will teach the Peruvian people about Jesus Christ, and the gospel. She was excited, nervous about the flight, and a little sad. She loved the MTC, Missionary Training Center, in Provo, Utah where she has been since May 8, 2013. She told me that her tentative date to finish her mission is Nov 18, 2014. This is her journey of service and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment