PERU

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Beach and Package

***note from Mom*** we have only sent Mardi 3 packages, one in May to Provo MTC, one in September, 2013...she was running out of supplies and wanted a few goodies, and an emergency one 2 weeks ago, because she had only taken 2 pairs of good walking dress shoes. One, she does not wear, because they hurt her feet too bad, and she cannot walk the necessary 10 miles a day, and the others..she emailed us and told us they were breaking. She cannot just go but her size 11 shoes in Peru, because they have little feet and do not make them.  We added a little bit of candy for Halloween and a dollar store item for Thanksgiving. We also sent some clothes since she mentioned some were getting worn badly with the constant hand washing? We always put something in there for her companion for her to share.( I send her number letters every week with a sheet of stickers from the dollar store to share with her companion and to give away to the children in Peru)..the QUOTE is from President Thomas S Monson, our prophet, and president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.....and now onto Hermana Mardi....
Monday, Oct. 28, 2013
Dear Family and Friends,
LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
Thanks for everything!!! I´m great! just missing you guys and especially AJ. This week was good! The Elders had a baptism! We went to Lima for p day. Our investigator is good! He wants to get baptized!! We just need to teach him a couple more lessons and he can get baptized!!!
Thank you for the quote! It has been a huge help to me! I can feel AJ close and know that he loves me dearly and is doing what he needs to do! But I also know I WILL See him again!!! THAT I will make sure!! There is no better motivation in this life that to have a family member die! IT has given me opportunities to love more deeply, to feel compassion, to mourn with those that mourn, and help others realize the blessings that come from the Gospel!!! FAMILIES ARE ETERNAL!!! That is a truth I KNOW!!! With all of my heart, soul, and mind! This is an eternal truth all can know! Through prayer! I love you all!! Thank you for the support without it I could not be here! Thanks for the package! I will let you know when I get it. I got letters A 16,17,18,19 I think.. I will let you know for sure next week!!! I LOVED THE STICKERS!!! Of Snow white, Hearts. and POKEMON!!!! haha I gave them away to several of the Elders!! They love them!!! Could you send more!?! and Have Eddy and David write the names of them too.. I don´t remember all of them.. haha
DyC 6:36 filipenses 4:13 and Alma 7:11-13 The Atonement scripture!
CON MUCHO AMOR,
Hermana Hyer
The pictures are of the sunset. and a goat field!!! :D

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 9:15 AM, Our letter to her first.....( a note of explanation..on Oct. 29, 2013.. It marked the 6 year anniversary of her brother, AJ's death. I am friends with her branch president in Lima and I messaged him to give her a blessing if she needed one).
Dear Hermana Mardi,
Hello. how are you? How is your week going? How is the work, and how is Your companion? How are your investigators? And how are you? I have asked your branch president to give you a priesthood blessing tomorrow, if you feel you need and want one. I am thankful that transfers is not until Saturday. You may not be going, but it reassures me that Heavenly Father and our Savior are mindful of you and your tender feelings that may come with or to you tomorrow. We love you and please know that you are in our prayers. I am praying and hoping that you will feel AJ 's arms around you and that your day will be filled with marvelous blessings all day long. Keep a prayer in your heart and know that you are being prayed for by millions of people all around the world. I loved the talk on missionary work that was given at conference. He said that if you want to teach many, you have to talk to many people.
Here is something from Pres. Monson to help tomorrow...
Our Heavenly Father, who gives us so much to delight in, also knows that we learn and grow and become stronger as we face and survive the trials through which we must pass. We know that there are times when we will experience heartbreaking sorrow, when we will grieve, and when we may be tested to our limits. However, such difficulties allow us to change for the better, to rebuild our lives in the way our Heavenly Father teaches us, and to become something different from what we were—better than we were, more understanding than we were, more empathetic than we were, with stronger testimonies than we had before.

This should be our purpose—to persevere and endure, yes, but also to become more spiritually refined as we make our way through sunshine and sorrow. Were it not for challenges to overcome and problems to solve, we would remain much as we are, with little or no progress toward our goal of eternal life. The poet expressed much the same thought in these words:

Good timber does not grow with ease,
The stronger wind, the stronger trees.
The further sky, the greater length.
The more the storm, the more the strength.
By sun and cold, by rain and snow,
In trees and men good timbers grow.8
Only the Master knows the depths of our trials, our pain, and our suffering. He alone offers us eternal peace in times of adversity. He alone touches our tortured souls with His comforting words:

“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

“Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

“For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”9

Whether it is the best of times or the worst of times, He is with us. He has promised that this will never change.
My brothers and sisters, may we have a commitment to our Heavenly Father that does not ebb and flow with the years or the crises of our lives. We should not need to experience difficulties for us to remember Him, and we should not be driven to humility before giving Him our faith and trust.

We dearly love you. I sent a big package to you with clothes, shoes, some candy. They only had one pair of Clark shoes in your size. I will get you another pair and I bought the only color they had. The package is at the mission office today. You can share some of the clothes. I hope they fit and are not too hot since you are in spring. Let me know what you want for Christmas besides music and glasses. I love you dearly..from the moon and back again.
Love,
All of us
Mom, Dad and all

No comments:

Post a Comment